Monday, August 15, 2011

Byron Days Festival 5k









Here is my daughter Emma during the Kid's Fun Run
Here is me downtown BC with my Sister-In-Law


Always working the crowd

The last weekend of July every year is the Byron Days Festival. I have been on the committee since I became Clerk. This year I walked the 5K. My time was 51 minutes. That is about a 17 minute mile. I have some work before conference next year. Our new YMCA opened this morning, so now I have someplace closer to work out. Eating better worked for awhile and then I got back to my normal and now I have to work on a little self-discipline. Good luck to those out there trying to get a little exercise into their lives.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Joel! I heard you were doing this and I wanted to cheer you on!

    My daughter's getting married in one month and I want to look sharp in my dress so I started walking again too! I'm walking a mile in the morning and another mile at night...can't wait to see you at Conference! God Bless you Joel!

    Penny Shults

    ReplyDelete